Eastern Finland’s largest start-up event, Tahko Ski Lift Pitch, brings together entrepreneurs and investors and is a great opportunity for multiple reasons. We at the Business Center North-Savo have seen that the startups, entrepreneurs, or for example research to business teams and students, usually seek several things from events of this kind, including:
- Networking opportunities: Entrepreneurs, startups, researchers, or teams with ideas participate in events to get in touch with potential customers, partners, investors, and industry experts.
- Visibility and exposure: Participating in startup events provides a platform for teams to present their products or services to a large or selected audience.
- Feedback and validation: Events offer startup companies or teams who are still developing their solution the opportunity to receive feedback on their products, services and business models from potential customers and several target groups at once.
- Learning: Participants attend events to learn about new trends, technologies, and best practices in their field or from other fields of expertise.
- Funding and investments: In the event, potential investors are told about the business opportunities to invest or for partnering. Funding is sought to grow the business.
In Business Center Pohjois-Savo’s Business coaching towards Tahko or in general, attention is paid to the practical capabilities of the participating teams or individuals, like what are their sales preparedness, and, in general, evaluating the feasibility of the idea. For example, we will evaluate together with the customer how the team’s skills are positioned related to the business case and what the plan is like in terms of product development and necessary go-to-market steps towards the first sales.
In the Bootcamp and Draft business idea acceleration programs, we have noticed that every team should not be forced into one mold. Successful business ideas, new solutions, and practices are essentially related to differentiation, to the allowance of experiments, and the steering of several experiments toward concrete outputs and validated learning. Placing every team or individual in one mold does not build the best starting point for building a new venture.
In the current business environment, several skills must be mastered, and things are not necessarily worth doing alone. This collaboration and hands-in-the-clay attitude is what we cultivate in our coaching with the customers towards Tahko Ski Lift Pitch too. It is a pleasure to note that North-Savo has a particularly diverse range of expertise; from industrial automation to new product ideas and services, such as art-based consulting and artificial intelligence solutions. Digitalization and changes in traditional industries are often seen as the basis of new business ideas. We see this versatility in the ideas as an important issue. So, we are curious that from what industry or area of expertise teams or individuals we are helping are from and what resources we can specifically offer them. We also strongly consider an international mindset to be a key part of success.
We are happy to see you at Tahko Ski Lift Pitch. Please free to contact or see our team, we provide help before and after the event!
Join sparring event!